Thursday, December 28, 2017

A little bit of Tara Brach in my life

A little bit of Tara by my side
A little bit of Tara is all I need
A little bit of Tara is what I see
A little bit of Tara in the sun
A little bit of Tara all night long*

This is one of Tara Brach's talks that I like to listen to over and over again. It is about relating to ourselves and rest of the world, which is all connected. Each times I listen to it something she says impacts me in a new way.

Maybe as you contemplate what your next year might look like, you might appreciate listening to this talk and others of hers. Language alert: She uses words and discusses concepts that are not often used in common conversation: homecoming, compassion, kindness, making space, Buddah, mindfulness, refuge.



Bonus for me: One of her stories, it comes toward the end, is about a photojournalist and brushes up against the power of photography. Yea!

Thank you, Tara Brach. You've been a friend to me.
May you be happy. May you be safe. May you be prosperous.
May you stay curious, creative and courageous.

*Tip of the hat to Lou Bega, Damaso Perez Prado and Zippy Davids for having written such a fun song and my apology to them for me having my way with their Mambo #5.

No comments:

Post a Comment